Harriet van Eldik - ten Hoopen, Ruinerwold / Kuala Lumpur | Mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.orgCurrently living in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur tel: +60 17 2926701
I decided to start my education at the Photo Academy in Groningen after we came back from our first expat adventure in Norway in 2010. Three years later I launched my own photography studio, focussing on business photography which involves portraits, products, architecture and events.
I really love to capture the atmosphere and want to make quiet but gripping and meaningful pictures, always observing people and situations and try to see something special in the ordinary.
I like to work on location and get inspiration out of unpredicted situations.
Trust, feeling and intuition are important to get the result I want!
Living in Kuala Lumpur since 2015 has given me the opportunity to do more 'free photography' again and to participate in several charity projects.
I'm also fortunate to live with so many people from different cultures, to learn from each other and from our host country. It reflects on the way I see and experience things around me!
Projects and exhibitions:
- Group exhibition 'Bekijk het', Fotoacademie Groningen,June 2013;
- Photographing 35 companies for business magazine Handelsvereniging in Netherlands 2014;
- Group exhibition with Exposure+5, 'White Box' Kuala Lumpur, August 2015;
- 'Hats in the City' several photoshoots in KL for event: Auxion of design hats for charity, November 2015;
- Analogue photography, developping and printing in 'The Printroom' KL from 2015 on;
- Worked as co-editor and photographer on book 'Malaysia trough the lens of Expat Women' launched March 2016 (charity project)
- Photographer for magazine 'Flits', Dutch community in Malaysia from 2015 on;
- Contributing photographer for KL-GA, an online community describing Kuala Lumpur scapes through photography starting 2016;
- Group exhibition as fundraiser for IDEAS Academy (Secondary refugee students Kuala Lumpur), November 2016;
- Leading Photoclub ABWM in KL from June 2016;
- Organizing and co-editing second Photobook project 'Colourful Malaysia, through the lens of Expat Women' launched June 2017 (charity project);
- Teaching photography through workshops and Photo courses (beginners and advanced);
- Shoots on demand;
Website by Tomston